View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 AM

Default Importing Loops into Transfuser question.

Maybe I'm not understanding how Transfuser imports loops for use, but I've run into a bit of a snag and don't understand what is happening.

I have all kinds of royalty free loops on CD/DVDs that come with Computer Music Magazine (and others). Some I really like, so I pop the CD into the PC, find the list from within Transfuser and import and off we go. When I import, it asks me where to put the loop, and I always save it to the same file folder as the project.

But, when I go back to the project later, Transfuser can't find the loops....sometimes...meaning, some of the projects I've done this with have the loops imported that way, but other projects can't find them. This makes no sense to me.

I'm assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that when I import a loop off the CD and save to the project folder, that the loop is actually copied over off the CD and now stored with the project on my hard drive. Am I wrong? The fact that some of the projects have their loops makes believe that I'm right. But that doesn't explain the one's where it can't find the loops.

Anyone have some insights or guidance here?