View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Where are the installation instructions for MTRX firmware update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucienpalmer View Post
The only reason I'm bothering to update is because Audinate tech support was trying to help me get DVS working with the built in 10Gb port on the 2019/2020 MacPro. Back when I bought it, it wasn't supported, so I've been using a 1Gb adapter, but I'd like to not use that anymore (for various reasons).

Audinate tech support wouldn't help unless I was running the latest version of everything Dante-related. I'll just ask them tomorrow about the b Brooklyn II update.
That is interesting to me because I am in the same boat and after chatting with them about the same thing since I needed to update to a much better, faster Ethernet Hub. The on that Audinate btw HAD been recommending, is fine, but there are many newer ones and Audinate or my contact there said that any managed hub is just fine which are many, but said I should just find one that is not crazy expensive just because it's newer. I opted for the 10 port hub since my needs are not that large, but also have a brand new Mac Studio and have been having real issue with the older Ubiquity Unify Switch 8, which is not even Avid approved, but it was all I could get my hands on during the Covid debacle. I was in the process of upgrading my room back in 2021 to ATMO and had jsut purchased an MTRX system and everything is running fine, but now realize with the new Mac Studio I need better speed and a couple of colleagues said they think this new port should definitely help. I also hear there is Brooklyn III eminent when I did the Dante Controller update also? Not sure what that means either. I will send them a support email as well, but I guess I need to update the Brooklyn II as well. Adding attachment in Dante Controlle Update that shows the upcoming Brooklyn III device type hardware.
G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DanteControllerUpate.jpg (42.7 KB, 0 views)
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS

Last edited by gives; 02-03-2023 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Added attachment