View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Digitest says my HD cards are working fine. So why aren't they working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpcalm View Post
Hi, so I'm having a strange issue where Digitest reports no failures on my 6 HD cards in a PCI Magma Expansion Chassis. However, Pro Tools 10 HD crashes my entire computer if I try to enable anything beyond 1 DSP in the Playback Engine.

Upon restart of PT (after the entire computer crashes and I have to manually reboot) there is still never any change in the number of voices or DSP I have access to.

I've tried all kinds of different voice/DSP options and my entire computer will crash every time.

I know that my expansion chassis is transmitting information because the interface operates properly. It's just the additional cards that seem to not be accessible.

Does this sound familiar to anybody?

Thank you, love this forum btw. Didn't realize how many other people are still using the same legacy stuff I am.

System Information: Mac OSX 10.8.5 | 32GB RAM | 8 Processors | Quad-Core Intel Xeon | Digidesign 192 | Pro Tools HD 10

Hi,

Start with just the core card in the chassis and test with that!

Then introduce one process card and test with that. AND also test with different flexi cables that join the cards together in the chassis.

then introduce more cards etc. and see how far you get before the issue arises.

Digitest works through the PCI/PCIe sockets as i understand, so doesn't test the flexi cables!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.