View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 03:04 PM

Default HD10 Perpetual Upgrade to 2020 Ultimate Perpetual

Hi ProTools Community
New member here (although I have been using PT HD10 at our studio in the UK since 2012)
Hope you are all well and surviving in these difficult times.
As my first post, I have a very similar question to Fairchild about upgrading PT10HD. (It is that post that brought me the to the forum in the first place) but I have a couple of extra points I’d like your help with.
Last year I bought an HDX card intending to upgrade my PT10HD to Ultimate but due to various reasons, I haven’t done so yet (Partly because of the £1000 + cost)
And now I have just realised that Avid have removed the option to reinstate the Upgrade and Maintenance option and only offer a crossgrade to the subscription service.
As someone who has been using the same Perpetual HD10 subscription for 8 years this is not something I want.
Fortunately, I see that there are a few resellers still offering the option to purchase an Upgrade and Support Reinstatement licence and I intend to buy one ASAP but I can’t currently see my PT10HD registered in my Avid account so only have the licence on my iLoK and I need to know if this will be a problem when doing the upgrade
I bought the PT10HD from a third party seller eight years ago and no longer have any of the details but I’m pretty sure I registered it with Avid at the time, but if I buy the U&S licence without PTHD10 showing in my Avid account will it work and how will I apply it ?
As I also have a current version of standard PT with a U&S contract so I have raised a query about this with Avid but they have not got back to me yet and time in running out.
In addition, when I bought the HDX card last year I contacted Avid to check that when I Upgraded I would have the digi link /O licence as part of the deal (I’m still running a couple of 192s) and they said yes, does anyone know if this is this still the case ?
Sorry, this is all a bit long and rambling but any advice you could give me would be much appreciated.
All the best and Stay Well