View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Carbon Pro Tools Standard License

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1mce2 View Post
I understand that Carbon comes with a Pro Tools Subscription license (along with the promo until 12/31/21). If you don't extend the Pro Tools subscription after one year from activation it turns into a perpetual license. My question is what happens if I renew the subscription after the first year but don't re-up after the second or any other year thereafter?
So by (along with the promo until 12/31/21) I assume you talking about the additional Ultimate license yes ?

In any case :::

Once you let the subscription plan expire and it turns into a Perpetual license it will continue work, at the version it was at is when it expires,,,, but you will be frozen at that version and will not able to upgrade it ..

In which case to get back into being able to upgrade you have to either get on a monthly or yearly Subscription "only" plan, OR buy a brand new full price license, which comes with a 1 year Support/update plan, and gets you back on the ability to maintain that annual Support/update plan ( at least that is how it stands currently)

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...