View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Inconsistent Tempo/Playback slows down,speeds up

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdrug6 View Post
Well, actually no, I have it configured where the g5 connects to the digi via front panel firewire 400, and the g5 connects to the Lacie via backpanel firewire 400. I thought that was the right way. No other fw devices.

You'd be right to think that is correct, I would, too! However, I have read that the firewire ports are actually on the same internal bus, and that the front side port may not work as well as the backside port. I suggest trying both devices chained from the rear port Mac>HDD>002 and see if that's any better. If that doesn't improve things, try them chained off the front, just to see.

The Lacie is mac os extended journaled, no raid Good
Nothing in ethernet portGood

Video card is Nvidia GeForce 6600, I'm not sure the cache size, I see VRAM(total) 256mb.
Probably good

I have two LCD monitors. Does it improve with only one display? If so, maybe not good on the GeForce card. If it were me, I'd at least test this. A DUC search for "dual monitors/displays" may reveal some things.

Just PT running. Good.

Wired mouse, keyboard is bluetooth, but I've had it disabled while trying to work this out, and will be getting a wired one. That must've been interesting, working sans keyboard. So you have turned BT off completely while testing, yes?

No plugins other than what came with PT8, which is supported by OS and G5.
I know it's a PITA, but if nothing above helps, confirm the plug version compato against the chart.

Yea, blank session twitchy counter. Click behaves the same way a kick drum would be if it was there, somewhat random sounding. And now I zoomed in real close to the playhead traveling and it's not smooth.
Don't be sorry, any ideas helpful.
OK then. I'll check back later. Any other ideas from the Peanut Gallery? Bueller?

Bob