View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 AM

Default Re: opening sessions and pro tools closes immediately

That is what I thought. But after I uninstalled 8.0 and went back to 7.4 (yes sorry that was a typo earlier) I had no more drivers for standalone, and no way to play cd's or other files for clients and had to find a way to restore this capability that I've always had.

So I started scouring digi's site and found teh standalone for functionality under the Pro tools 7 section. I followed digi's instructions, to the T, and this is the result.

It really baffles me that I can save a norton ghost and then restore it, and come back later to find that I still have teh same exact problem. I have already attempted uninstalling and reinstalling and all of that. Perhaps it is time I wipe the system, but that's not really what I want to do at this point.

I am hoping someone here has the knowledge or experience to point me in the right direction.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)