View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Let me get this straight..

You make some excellent points.

However, I would submit that is as much the responsibility of Digi to make RTAS plugs work in TDM as it is of the Plugin manufacturers to try to code for HTDM. Moreso, in fact. The fact is that host systems are becoming very, very powerful. What could only be done on a maxed out MIX system 3-4 years ago can now be done, or close to it, on the high end host systems, (Mac of Windows). Of course, Digi doesn't really want to allow users to explore this much, and that's their right, as it threatens their sales/retention/marketshare. However, when someone makes the leap to HD AND has a powerful host computer they should not have to take ANY steps backward. Say all you like about how great HD is. I have it now, I know it's true. But I don't really care about "the math" one single bit. Just fix it, and fix it now. No way in heck should I have to be forced to give up ANY functionality I once had in LE in when using HD. Digi has smart folks, I am sure they could code a way around this stuff, that allows full usage of the host system (or even full usage of OSX and mutiple processeors - but don't get me started on that), if they figured they were losing enough money. They can restrict this "true full functionality" to HD users only - that's fine. But again, no way I could have to LOSE functionality after "upgrading". Not even a little bit. No.