View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Anyone running 2021 on old cheesegraters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemcv View Post
Just chiming in. I’m using Pro Tools 2021 on my 5,1 , and thanks to Opencore running Big Sur 11.2.3 with a RX5700XT no power mods. You cannot install Big Sur past 11.2.3. on a 5,1 with opencore, it might install but after several reboots your system and possibly all connected drives will become corrupted, this is being worked on but no fix as of yet and there may not be a fix. You can run multiple systems and Windows 10. My system has been very solid at least for what I do which I’d mainly mixing. Opencore gives you a boot screen with non Apple AMD GPUs but not the new 6900s. Catalina and opencore were great, but Big Sur seems snappier. If you want to install Opencore you will want Martin Lo’s install package which is super easy to install. Join the Opencore Facebook group to get the links to his package and he has a YouTube channel. You have to turn SIP off before installing by booting into recovery mode. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2787...078/?ref=share
Great explanation. I have went 11.2.3 yet, in the process. Although you do need a patch for the WiFi right?