View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 09:05 PM

Default Re: I’ve come to the crossroads with protools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajazzie View Post
Hi
My point is the dilemma, cost vs performance and I doubt anyone here would admit to there are possibly better options. Me included.
I tried Reaper about 8 or 9 years ago. Paid full price for the commercial license. I hated it. I couldn't figure out basic routing and workflow issues like naming tracks and files. And the GUI is awful. It's too cluttered and dark and all the icons are too tiny to be able to see well. I understand that you can put a skin on it and adapt it to look the way you want it to, but I'm not interested in doing those things when Protools already does them.

I know Protools, and I'm fast with it. When I'm on a gig and I don't have a lot of time get set up I need my system to be fast and streamlined and Protools is that. It's been quite stable for me for a number of years now on both Windows and Mac OS.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One