View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 03:07 PM

Default Re: attempting to install a mix system 6.4.1

well...i threw caution to the wind - in a good way - least...so far

i bought the ibm intellistation z pro because i saw that it was mentioned in the knowledge base with relation to tdm mix 6.4.1 systems

the info on compatible windows boxes is scarce here...and everywhere...so i was fearing the dreaded 3.3 volt pci necessity that is well chatted about in this forum to run a mix system

but!!!

today...i was defeated by the ibm zpro...it simply would not talk to my mix system...so i figured 'i was at war'

after a few glasses of cheap single malt scotch....i said wtf...i started my assult - i threw caution into the wind and jammed a core card into a dell 390...i have a few dell 390s kicking around...this one is running a quad core q6600...i feared trashing both the card and the mb...( i contacted dell last week asking about voltage...they came up with a blank)

ha ha...the mofo launched 6.4.1 in about a second - i'm impressed!!!! 6.4.1 running on a quad core - very freaking cool

it recognized most of my plugs - (i uninstalled a pt le 8 set-up on the computer, then installed 6.4.1 mix...leaving my plugs from 8.0 le...so i was indeed surprized when many became usable, with the help of my ilok, within the 6.4.1 system..i didn't expect this)

i may just have a win here

i'll play with it and report back...but so far...i think this is going to be a blast

one problem - the font for much of the type in PT 6.4.1 is a silly font- i need to set the font to something i can read - where do i do this - i performed a quick ck in the prefs...ha ha..but i couldn't read the headings...looking for a guiding light here)

all good...for now anyway...cept for the font nightmare

my 888 has been recognized and pt 6.4.1 has been authorized...whew

i'll try out a 690 next week, when mine gets back from the shop - i blew the powersupply last week...can't win'em all)

cheers
(ha ha fingers crossed)
s