View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 10:41 PM

Default Re: FISHMAN TriplePlay Wireless Guitar MIDI Controller

Hi all,

I too bought a Fishman Triple Play recently. I'm trying to get it setup in Pro Tools. I'm running windows 10.

The TP works fine in stand alone mode with my computer.... just not in the DAW. So I at least know the computer is receiving midi input.

When I go to Midi setup in Pro Tools, it is seeing the TriplePlay. It displays

Fishman Triple Play [Emulated]
MidiIn2 (Fishman TriplePlay) [Emulated]

So I first started by setting up a midi track.
I set the midi input to "All".
I armed the track and started playing... and I wasn't seeing any signal. I recognize there won't be any sound... but shouldn't I at least see a visual that it's receiving midi information?

I tried clicking all the available outputs which were the same as the the TP and TP Midi IN 2 as well as Microsoft Gs wavelab synth and Microsoft Midi Mapper. Still not seeing anything.

Ok.

So I tried creating an Instrument track. I tried putting the TriplePlay on an insert and it came up as it should. I put Modo Bass on Split 2... and it came up. When I started playing, the Triple Play UI was showing the signal... but the Modo Bass wasn't sounding. If I clicked on one of the strings in the Modo Bass UI with my mouse.... I heard signal.

I tried loading up NI Kontakt 5 on the TriplePlay UI in protools. It came up. I selected a piano sound... but still no dice... no sound.

It seems like I'm missing something here. Any suggestions?

Sean Meredith-Jones
www.seanmeredithjones.com

Last edited by smj; 08-15-2021 at 10:58 PM.