View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Weird audio import thing: Mono/Stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
If some other DAW cannot export a mono file and you are certain the material is mono, just create two mono tracks, drag the "stereo" file to the two tracks, delete the original "stereo" track and one of the newly created mono tracks.

Studio One did export the vocal track as a mono stem. Pro Tools kept treating it as a Stereo file. I dragged it in to a stereo track and kept one side as Mono.

When I dragged the same file (which pro tools treated as stereo) into the session today, it Pro Tools treated it as a Mono file. That's why it couldn't be relinked because last night the session saved the dragged in file as a stereo clip where I'm only using one side. So it was looking for a stereo file to relink but it's mono.

Do you get what I'm trying to say? I think Pro tools glitched out last night. (I wish I would have taken a picture because the same mono file was dragged in as name L and name R like it was a stereo file)

This really wasn't a huge problem. I just thought this was very very odd and curious to know if anybody else experienced anything like this.

Pro Tools 19.12