View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 03:46 AM

Default realtime quantise midi clip resize bug PT 2018.3, maybe not hideous after all

Ok well there you go.. i'm in the minority, and i graciously accept your explanations and opinions.

Thanks very much B Scout, I am going to turn the visual representation thing off, at least without that, i won't be thrown.

of course clip boundaries matter for grid placement and easy duplication in 4/4 music, that's all.

I guess i wish there was an option to display the *destructive* quantise/duration/ etc etc instead of the realtime. Exactly as is but simply destructive..Like logic.. then again logic's realtime quantize inspector can be undone ANY time , even the next week or year.. and will revert the clip.. so it must keep an auto backup somewhere..

Those real time properties are often all i ever need to edit midi..

so for Avid to simply add an option to turn them destructive.. is that a reasonable request?

That way i would not as often need to open the event processor.. I could literally do it all from the main page next to the track name!

It's a workflow thing.. personally that would speed things up for me. Hey, Cubase is really lacking in this department anyway.. and i have to get used to that eventually since i am still migrating. (I'm just going to keep both anyway so i can be compatible with PT studios).

Anyone else? Perhaps this could be an arbitrary addition for Avid.. Just right click where the real time panel is and choose "destructive mode".

I mean they could still be undone after all, just not as simply as realtime, down the track with multiple ops.

You have to admit, it IS weird when the notes visually on the arrange page are aligned perfectly to the bar or beat, then resizing the clip to a bar or beat deletes the notes.. If BScout hadn't told me about that preference i would have gone nuts, at least this way i'll easily always know when something is realtime and what my clip boundaries are (thanks again BScout)