View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 11 problems opening PT 10 sessions. Sample rate error 44.1 and 48 KHz

Hello pjthorpe.

Win 7 can have a tendency to hi-jack your audio interface driver/playback engine. I never had the problem until PT 11. Everything works fine in PT 10 in regards to having access to all sample rates supported by my 003R.

There are 2 ways to make this right that I am aware of. One way in Win 7 is to open up the playback device window (right click on the little speaker down in the right hand corner of your desktop), and select a different default playback device.

The other is to disable the Avid or Digi playback device presuming you have another playback device available to default to. In Win 7 it may be a Realtek device.

If you decide to disable the selected Avid/Digi playback device be sure to right click on the device you will disable and check off the "show the disabled device" should you want to enable it at any time. It's easier to get to than going into "manage devices" etc.

As I don't like to disable anything that doesn't need to be disabled, I chose to select another default playback device. I selected the onboard Realtek playback device. I now have access to all 4 sample rates (44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 KHz), in PT 11 that is supported by my 003 Rack.

Remember that most if not all pro applications usually allow you to choose your playback engine (regardless of the selected Win7 default). Pro Tools allows you to do this by selecting Setup in the menu and then Playback Engine as you already know.

As long as you have one of the 3 devices listed in your signature, you should have access to all your supported sample rates at this point. When you open a Pro Tools session, Pro Tools will be using the selected playback device engine (M-Audio in your case), and not the default device you selected in the Win 7 playback window. You should be good to go.

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.

Last edited by luken26; 08-19-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Grammer