View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Power harness caught up, save my CD recording

Yav,

First, I am 100% convinced that the "Failure to Connect" issue is unrelated to the powerharness if the hardware is showing none of the other signs of failure, such as blinking lights, failure to power-on, etc. I am going on my 5th powerharness and have experienced the "Fail to connect" 100's and 100's of times. However, I also use Cubase and the 002 as my soundcard. I have NEVER had the "Failure to Connect" issue when using cubase and the 002, unless those other "tells" were present. NEVER. It only happens when opening PTLE. So, in your case, this may not be the reason you are getting this error. I am certain you have tried all common sense things like unplugging the firewire cable from your 002 and reconnecting, and rebooting.

Lastly, I think it is incredibly egotistical for someone to tell you that you should have been better prepared for this very important recording session and the most important days in your musical career. So easy for others to point to you as a contributing factor in this problem when in fact a device you pay for should operate without error, especially when there was a known issue. If Digi truly had a solution to the harness problem, they would recall the 002/002r or send everyone a new powerharness. The crux of it is that they are not confident in the new harness, for it they were, they would send everyone a new "cannot fail" piece and make this VERY public issue go away.

In my opinon, you have absolutely NO reason to think you "should have been better prepared" for the most important days of your carrer and for someone, (anyone) to tell you that, is simply wrong.

My (tiny) 2cents.

Joel DuBay
www.readyacoustics.com