View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: Elastic Audio in Depth

I'm going to answer as many of these as I can and try to get some time with the developer engineer to lay the rest out in more detail.

The reason this hasn't been answered before is simply that taking the developer off what they're working on to answer these questions presents some difficulties.

#4 - This is why grouping is important. When grouped, those analysis markers apply to all grouped tracks so, while you may not have that marker in the overheads, the markers on other tracks will 'warp' the overhead at that same marker, keeping everything phase aligned.

#5 - Same situation applies as #4

#6 - After analysis, just select the region (you may have to change back to regions view if the region is not already selected), copy, then select the region you want to apply it to, switch to analysis and paste.

#7 - Again, grouping is what keeps everything in alignment.

#8 - This sounds like another case where grouping would solve the problem.

#9 - It looks like what you need to do here is place a warp marker before and after where the actual audio starts and ends in the region, to 'bound' the audio with the marker. So you would place a marker at 4:20.655 for all those regions (before the beginning of the audio and with the marker at the exact same point on all related tracks) and another at the end, just past where the audio ends on the track. When you move a warp marker, it moves relative to the warp markers around it - if there's no 'bounding' warp marker, it's going to move everything to the right or left of the marker (assuming you're using the 'shift' key to constrain movement between the markers directly to the left and right of the marker you're moving). Again, grouping is a great way to keep things aligned - the marker on one track will warp all other tracks in the group even if the other tracks don't have a marker at the same point.

One thing I would suggest is checking out Kenny Gioia's Groove3 tutorials on EA - he knows his stuff and his tutorials are an excellent way of seeing a 'real world' example of what's going on, as opposed to reading it on a page...

(That last is not a direct endorsement by Avid - it's my personal opinion/recommendation.)