View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Elastic Audio in Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fly View Post
Hi

Very interesting set of questions that I'd like to know the answers to too......but the long and short of it is that when using EA with drums you should be moving markers etc over a set of grouped tracks this way the phase alignment stays in check. Is that how you're working or are you adjusting each instrument (kik, snare, overheads) separately??? If so that must take forever.
Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that I'm aware of and use most of the generally accepted rules and superstitions of Elastic Audio (grouped tracks, different algorithms for different tracks, ticks vs samples, etc).

But that's my point -- there shouldn't be superstitions about a tool like this. It's just lines of code, written by real people, to achieve a specific task. And yet, we're all left having to develop theories as to how to use it. It just doesn't make sense to me that the documentation can't explain it clearly and dispell the myths. It just leads to poor understanding, improper use, and the assumption that it "doesn't work."