View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 02:04 PM

Default Odd Midi/Virtual Instrument Problems with PT7+

I sorted thru prior posts and have not seen an issue exactly like the one I am having. I have disabled the multi-processor function for RTAS plugs. When using an instrument track with midi and any virtual instrument, then overdubbing on a different instrument track with a different virtual instrument, the original track & vi will sound when the midi keyboard is played, even though the original track is not in record and on a different midi channel. I am now going back to using midi tracks with separate aux returns. Although this option works more reliably for this issue than using instrument tracks, until I actually engage record in the second midi track, the active keyboard will play midi into the first midi track and sound notes thru the first virtual instrument even though that midi track is not in record.

Yes, I have had inputs assigned to the instrument track (as per the workaround described by Digidesign in their Read Me).

This one has me baffled. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.