View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 10:52 PM

Default Re: MIDI Issues Still Not Completely Fixed

Oh no! Out of sync not good at all. Hope that doesn't happen in new sessions. But many of us are still working in previous sessions.

I'm trying to do some fine tuning in the previous session I was telling you about. After opening the session in 2022.9, I get the "some clips were adjusted or deleted" pop up.
That was after doing a bunch of editing in 2022.7.

Then a bunch of subsequent bass notes are truncating. I have to slide each note over and back to get the proper note duration & sustain without cutting other notes off.
So I go to quantize as a quick fix and the first note of the clip disappears.

The bummer is this session is the one session I've done complete instrumentation for and I'm not giving up on it until it's finished.

You've probably read my past posts talking about not being able to cut & insert accurately. (Fixed since 2022.6 in new sessions only)
So I don't dare do that any more in this session.

Instead, I'm just trying to fine tune each section so I can bounce the current arrangement to audio. Then split and shuffle the audio clips on a arrangement track for the final. (Instead of cutting & inserting sections)

Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for the MIDI fixes (especially since paying & waiting years for them).
I know the team is working avidly to make a lot of things possible for the end user.

This session is probably the only full multi-instrumental arrangement I'll ever have time to do (mainly play guitar).
My experience creating it with Pro Tools was painstaking as it was inspiring.
I tried importing the session data as a new session but that didn't work.

Anyway, 2022.9 is here!
I just started creating a new template and will know more how things are working in future sessions.

With every good & musical wish,

Mike

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 10-15-2022 at 09:45 PM.