View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Yosemite updated now Pro Tools won't open 96 kHz files

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFC View Post
I just updated to Yosemite 10.5.5 and am now getting this error message when I try to open the Pro Tools files I've been working on:

'The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 96 kHz.'

I'm using the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. I've updated the drivers for the interface with the Saffire Mix Control. I'm on Pro Tools 11.3.1.

I can't do anything and Mac told me to wait for AVID updates because its a new Yosemite update, am I stuck?! Or am I simples and missing something real easy.

Thanks in advance for any help.
10.10.5 is a mess. I am glad I did not update to it.. I did on my laptop that runs 11.3.1, but got some audio clicks going now with that.. Other than that it seems fine, but WILL NOT run PT 12.1 or 12 that I am aware of due to some license ilok issues. That was announced about a week or so ago. I would revert back to 10.10.4 an you should be fine from a BU clone you may have.
G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS