Thread: MIDIOT
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2000, 02:24 AM

Default Re: MIDIOT

Now I'll try to give you some constructive advice because that's what this bulletin board is about!!!!

1stly, are you using the 001's midi interface or an external midi interface. If you are only using the 001 as the midi interface you are limited to only 16 midi channels (although that might be plenty for you!).

The way to go about things here is to decide what you are going to use to control your midi equipment- you don't seem to have a midi keyboard (or do you?) so I assume you will use the MC505 to import your midi data. Then hook the MC's midi out to the 001's midi in and the 001's midi in to the MC's midi out (make sure that local is switched 'off' in the MC505). Then hook the midi thru of the MC to the midi in of the S950 and everything should work for you OK- make sure that you assign separate channels for each unit or each part (for example the S950 is 8 part multitimbral I think and you would need each part to be assigned to a seperate midi channel so you have seperate midi data on each midi track in LE).

However, I strongly advise you to read a good book on midi and also read the manual as advised above!

Good Luck!!!!!!!