View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Drum VI recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
My 2 cents, but I think Strike got passed by many years ago. EZDrummer2 and Addictive Drums 2 are both really good, and both quite easy to build performances with(BTW, Toontrack just announced EZDrummer3). Superior Drummer 3 takes it to a whole other level. Not only does it do everything EZDrummer does(and then some), it can play all the EZX kits and can act as one of the best drum replacement tools available(sorry Slate and Drumagog) Well worth the extra money if your budget allows
I agree w/Albee and Darryl. I very much enjoy using EZ Drummer. It's good. It just works! But I sympathize about Strike. Very, very cool, especially how it used the keyboard to lay out the intro, vs, chorus, fills, etc. As I would work with a particular kit and genre (of which there were MANY), I'd soon learn the sound of each, and build tracks on the fly. EX Drummer's layout is more for pre-planning and arranging. I also LOVE DrumCore. But like EZ Drummer, lends itself to auditioning and preplanning. Strike was so much fun to use on the fly, and sad to see it in oblivion for now. Also, EZ Drummer was "Johnny on the Spot" in terms of native compatibility for Apple Silicon. Cheeezus H.!!! Makes you wonder why everyone else is having such a hard time. Drumcore still doesn't work with Monterey. Bummer.

Another vote for EZ Drummer soon to be 3.