View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Venue SC48 and Pro Tools LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Radford View Post
Hi everyone,

I think there's a bit of confusion about this topic that needs clearing up.

The channel count is not set within Pro Tools LE itself, nor is it an artificially low number that's been put in place to drive HD sales, as some have suggested. The truth is much simpler and less conspiratorial: the software driver used for FWx (which handles communication and audio transfer between the FWx card and Pro Tools LE) was originally derived from an existing driver for the Digi 002 - hence the 18 channels.

To increase this number requires an entirely new software driver, as the original driver tops out at 18 channels. Developing a robust audio software driver is non-trivial work. It's not a matter of flipping a switch within the software code to enable more capacity. If it was this easy it would have been done by now!

So like all other cool things y'all are asking for we need to prioritize this work against all other requests, and make sure we're doing the most important things first.

Sheldon
Hi Sheldon!

But there was an PT native version that was released without 18 track limitation - Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3.1 Later it was said it was an "bug" that allowed this to happen. The only good bug I know of I must say :)
I have been using this version on my laptop for years for mobile 32 track recording from Yamaha consoles or any other adat capable devices.

Kristo