View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 04:00 PM

Default Can I go backwards?

Hi all. I foolishly installed 2021.3 on my mid-2014 MacBook Pro and now Pro Tools is doing all kinds of annoying stuff. Random stupid things like I’ll open a session and the transport will be collapsed. I always use the expanded transport and this should be saved.

Also......I will select a region to loop playback and hit Save but at odd times after I press stop the region becomes unselected and the cursor will place itself way far down the timeline.

Stuff like that. Very annoying. For instance I am learning a very difficult 13 minute long composition that I have
to record the lead guitar track for......tons of very fast passages and lots of notes with time signature changes etc etc and like to loop a difficult section as I practice my part over it while referring to the chart/lead sheet. Major groove kill when the loop unselects and I have to go back, find the cursor and reselect the exact start/end points of the loop so it loops properly without hiccups. This right now is an mp3 from a Logic session so the start/end points are in between numbers and with so much information in the waveform, finding these exact points is a real PITA. When I do the session for real I will ask for the mutitrack session but for now it is what it is.

In the meantime I still need to get her done.

Can easily go back to PT 2020?

Last edited by L-Dogg; 05-09-2021 at 04:21 PM.