View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: $15,000 to spend, big life decision...please help!

Hey Andrew,

I would have to agree with Ken on this one that the listening and mic environment have a big to do with your sound there. As far as gear, you are doing well with your list, but one thing that I have heard from many mentors along the way so far is that you have to stick with basics and remember that sound quality of what is going into the gear is always what matters most. IMHO I would find someone that is good with acoustics of rooms if you haven't already such as someone at a local audio/video install place or something like that and ask them as much as possible about the setup and preperations of your room for audio. I know some studio owners that have dropped a lot of bank on getting people to specially design their rooms for them which can be a small countries entire fortune sometimes, but there are ways to get the job done right that a pro would be best able to advise.

If you have the hook up with GC, you might find an engineer that works there that might be able to help you out on this a little sometimes also. Most of the guys I have run across at GC know a fair share, mind you there are some that know less than others of course. Once you have your room 'prepped' so to speak your gear will sound like gold in there. Goodluck and Congrats on your new studio set up btw!

Charlie
www.charlienaebeck.com