View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 Aggregate problem (Rosetta+DIGI 003)

Yes firewire to the 003. You can connect these multiple ways, S/PDIF coaxial, S/PDIF on TOSLINK optical, ADAT on TOSLlNK optical, ... with an output on the Rosetta 200 going to an input on the 003. But especially if using TOSLINK optical make sure both ends are set to the same protocol, S/PDIF or ADAT. You need to set the Rosetta 200 to the same sample rate as your session and you need to have both units clocked together. You can just set the 003 to clock from whatever digital input it is using or connect wordclock from the Rosetta to the 003 and clock from that (you probably should have been clocking both boxes together with wordclock when using aggregate I/O, not that you should use aggregate I/O).

I've given you enough here that you can read the Rosetta 200 and 003 manual if needed to work out how to do any of these.

Remember that wordclock and coaxial S/PDIF cables should be 75 ohm cables, i.e labeled 75 ohms, or labelled for S/PDIF or *digital* audio, or video, not "standard" analog audio RCA or 50 ohm BNC cables. The wrong cable may work for short links... but do it properly.

This is the proper way to use these boxes together, aggregate I/O is always better to avoid. There is no loss of quality as you are working digital.