View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 07:46 AM

Default MTRX Studio with Atmos and Stereo together

Currently running my MTRX Studio in stereo using monitor outs to feed my Dangerous Monitor Controller and ATC/NS10/Auratone combo. Diving into the Atmos world for projects that require it but the bulk of my work will be stereo, so ideally I'd prefer to keep my stereo system as is and then just add on my Atmos speakers using the 1-16 analog outputs on the MTRX.

I know I'd have to configure this all in DADman, but my sales rep basically told me I'd be better off getting rid of my ns-10's/Auratones and just adding the additional atmos speakers to my ATC's. I don't really want to do that...

So my question isn't how to do it yet (I assume I'd have to customize 2 monitor profiles in DADman and swap between them) but more so - can I do it? Basically keep the dangerous/atc/ns10/auratone combo coming from the monitor outs and then have my separate 7.1.4 system using the analog outs, then controlling volume with the AVID Control App? Using one computer for the system with the Production suite fyi.

Last edited by MPizzaMusic; 10-10-2021 at 08:02 AM.