View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 12:32 PM

Default Re: 10.3.6 = No Eleven Rack Window?

How is that link in anyhow relevent to this? The problem does not have to be inside Pro Tools at all and if it is not it is very likely a Windows problem (especially in the Windows USB IO path) and/or caused by other crapware you have installed (which is why I suggested a clean Windows install with minimal other stuff--no uninstalling random things is not the same as a clean install). Does your PC have any funky software like Parallels or VMware Workstation or Player installed on it (all of which will try to grab control of USB interfaces)? Any other USB related software?

So the steps are...

Uninstall and Reinstall Pro Tools -- did that fix the problem? I've clearly stated several times now you should Unisntall then Install Pro Tools, actually to be even more paranoid, unisntall it, do a full reboot, then instal again. When you said you did a reinstall - you mean of Pro Tools? From what version to what version? And you did do that uninstall first? Have you fully you optimized your computer after the install? (PT set to run as admin, etc.)?

Is Windows Device manager reporting any problems related to USB devices? Did you try different USB ports/cables etc.?

If none of the above helps then reisntall Windows. Just go do it.

If you had a technical/developer level person willing to spend many hours picking though your system and there was a low level Windows problems they might work be able to work out what that problem is. I would not waste my time doing that on my own system, if the first things listed above did not work then I'd just reinstall Windows. It's Windows for god sake, a fragile mess of DLLs, drivers etc., I don't know how many times per year I have to reinstall Windows to get around corruptions/installer issues etc.

If a full OS install does not work, then a full Sandra report might be interesting, but by then I expect you are really screwed. And a Sandra report is unlikely to change any of the above steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianiac5150 View Post
Is there any specific reason why an OS re-install would be the issue/resolve?

The simple answer to THIS would likely address any reasons for complete re-install (corrupted registry, etc...).

I did do a re-install to the same results. I likely will do a system restore back to 10.2. Don't know why I thought something better would come out of upgrading, but I did it. As has been said many times within: don't mess with a stable system. Sadly, 10.3 has been chock full of issues.