View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Hardware insert on master fader feeds back?

Quote:
is it possible that you have a signal going out digitally on 1&2 simultaneously. I think that the 192i/os default setup will add a digital output on 1&2 along with analog 1&2...Sorry if you already know this, but under the hardware setup, you shouldn't see the "+" sign on any of the ouputs indicating multiple outs...
At least this happened to me with a reverb running in an out digitally creating a feed back loop...after I threw away preferences one time
Thanks, Doug.

So, this was digital feedback that immediately became apparent on reboot after trashing prefs? If so, that's not the case here. Feedback occurs when increasing the main level of the XLogic which is on an insert of the master fader, so it should be the last thing in line and (according to me <g>) it shouldn't go anywhere except to the analog outputs on the 192.

My first 192 i/o is just the regular i/o for multichannel mixing. On the second, I had the XLogic assigned to 6 analog channels via i/o setup on the inserts page. I have the TC6000 assigned to 2 digital channels via input and output pages in i/o setup.

I trashed all sends to the TC and I didn't see any signal on the stereo aux return for the TC. The analog and digital paths should be separate, yes?

I do see your point, though. If your scenario is the one affecting my problem, analog channels, once selected in i/o setup inserts, shouldn't be available digitally.

Maybe I'm not understanding your point, but I can see the potential for a feedback loop if dig i goes directly to dig o....but it shouldn't on an insert. It should break signal path and route output down the channel. Yes?
www.tnfilmlocations.com