View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Evolution of a "Hero" by X-Mann (Song in progress & clip)

You should see my finger tips today from trying to get that one decending solo type line right on the 12-String......This guitar has some very high action & is a pita to play & to play it clean without a clam or two.........

I was up last night till 1:45am working on this track (not on the 12-string parts, but over that section) & trying to fix some drum, mixing & pc issues......as well as record a little electric.........& ah.....When I was done I noticed the wife had put a towel under the door of Studio-X & in the moring Mrs-X was pissed & put me in my place.....

She said that she could hear me playing the same few lines over & over.......lol...My bad..... :/

The thing that I LOVE about the bridge is that you're really getting your money's worth as far as the number of guitar stings go......lol

(1) 12-String - No Delay over the entire bridge......
(1) 12-String w/ some delay set to match the tempo over the entire bridge.........I'm also using that great chorus/no amp patch that came in the Exp update...fwiw
(1) 12-String w/ Delay for the little lead runs.....
(1) 6-String Orangsicle Samick Tv Twenty w/ the X-Mod.....playing power chords set wayyyyyy in the back.....
(1) 6-String Plaid Samick guitar on the MOD SOD but the volume rolled very far back for just a little break-up.....
(1) The Orange (6-String) on the Hot Rails Neck Pickup w/ no Delay playing a little melody mixed low at the bridge outro....

So your getting 54-Strings of down home Detroit goodness to start off the weekend people.....

C ya & have a great weekend boys.....Tim