View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Limiters used in preparing for UK broadcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2 View Post
I have tried different configurations to get stereo tracks to import as stereo but no luck even though the manual says you can import stereo tracks. I think it is something to do with protools not liking stereo interleaved files.
But besides that I ALWAYS import the omf tracks, lock them and leave them exactly as imported and then highlight and control/option and drag them down onto my template tracks which I have set up with the stereo and mono tracks I need. That way I always have the original omf tracks to refer back to if needed, which have the regions muted and hidden in the session.
Great. Thank you very much. The locking original omf tracks and duplicating them tip is a great one.

How does your template work? Do you have, say, x number of stereo and y number of mono tracks set up to start with, (with processing on inserts on every track) that then are bussed to final mix track or do these tracks bus to aux tracks (which have processing on inserts) and then these bus down into final mix track?

Just looking for the simplest and most efficient template for ergonomics, control and automation that your hard-won experience has taught you.

Also do you tend to run the main clock as timecode (with a sub-clock of mins / secs) and have the grid set to to frame?

This may all seem very, very basic, and if so I apologise, but I have what looks like a baptism of fire happening tomorrow (movie trailers) and such helpful tips are enormously appreciated.

ps: does anyone use Izotope Ozone 4?