View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 11:47 PM

Default Re: New DAD interfaces

I don't want Pro Tools to be like any other native DAW though. You can toss 128 channels of I/O in most DAWs... but it is a bit of a kludge compared to any integrated system. Avid should really get back to making integrated systems designed for 2022. Keep HDX cards. What they do, they do very well - most people don't need more DSP. Add an internal renderer with the full 128 channels of objects - most people won't need more than one HDX card worth of IO. Fold into Pro Tools all of the monitoring and matrixing capabilities of DADman, and... Taa-da! Plug in your favourite Eucon control surface from which you can access everything you ever need, and suddenly you have an integrated DAW system that very politely says 'let's get busy working with sound'. It is the perfect antithesis to all of the YouTube based noise about Apple-computers-this, intel-CPU-that, and the weird and wild allusions that try and suggest working with sound is all about CPU benchmarks.

If anything, Avid really need to further decouple Pro Tools and it's IO from how every other native DAW on the market does it. Because how most other DAWs do it is pretty unremarkable when it comes to day to day sound work.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.