View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 12:41 PM

Default buggy buggy buggy,,,,

I was using LE 7.0 and got pretty error messages (the kind: your software is messing, can't do anything about it !!)...

I wrote to digidesign, still waiting... 2 weeks.

This was the description of my problem, and the solution at the end; take note if you're having these problems:

When I try to record, the software launchs normally; but when reaching the end of the recording, it stops and doesn't record anything.
When I try again, I lose control over the transport and I'm unable to stop the program; all the other functions work normally, but I can't control the transport nor from the keyboard or the mouse. I have to force quit the program (ctrl-alt-del) or close it (X).

Before formatting, I was getting this error message after the first try: Could not complete your request because Assertion in "\code\aztec_Staley\AlturaPorts\SDKs\Neo61\Source\ CNeolno line 881.
After loosing control over the transport, I tried pressing all the keys and got: DAE error -9007 was encountered.

After formatting the PC, I have the same behavior, without the error messages.

Then I continued having the same problems, a lot of error messages. Digidesign answered that it was a compatibility issue (automatic answer, I presume). I was using it before without any problem, so that wasn't. I changed my Firewire cable, just in case.

I went back to 6.7, worked fine. Then installed 7.1, no problem. Conclusion: 7.0 is TOTALLY BUGGY.

Now I'm having new problems:

My sessions sound is absolutely, completely distorted, crunchy; I mean like if the volume was to the absolute top on a bad speakers. This happened suddenly and was not happening before, with the same hardware and software. It began to work again suddenly again, and it's doing it again. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, same problems.

Now I see that this comes and goes... sometimes messed up, sometimes (the less, of course) working normally.

ANY IDEAS ???

Axiom Pro 61 | Neumann, Peluso and Shure mics | Yamaha HS80M, M-Audio BX8, JBL 4328P, Mackie MR5 Monitors / Sennheiser HD80's, HD560/600 headphones | Presonus and Avalon Pres

BFD2, Trilogy & Trilian, Komplete 5, Reason 4 NIs.

Alesis eDrum kit, Ibanez Musician bass '84, Gibson Les Paul, Custom 7-strings electric guitar + some custom acoustic instruments, several percussion instruments.