View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 08:02 AM

Default Re: ProTools Help - Backed up files....

OK, so I found out PT is on the D: drive not C: b/c the D: is bigger on my operating system. Hence why before I got the external drive, I was storing older sessions on the D: as well. C: has misc programs (Notepad, etc). but that is it.

I plugged PT directly into the computer via Firewire to see if I could load the files from the D: and it didn't work. PT loads, but when I go to open a session from the toolbar, the screen goes black and my computer restarts. This is the MS error that pops up on the screen after the restart.

The system has recovered from a serious error. (it asks to send error report and I do not b/c I don't have internet enabled. but I select detail report and this is what I get below)

Error Signature:
BCCode : c2 BCP1 : 00000007 BCP2 : 00000CD4 BCP3 : F4EC4A30
BCP4 : F4EC489C OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

The Following files will be included in this error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\Robin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER52e4.dir00\Mini 122606-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Robin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER52e4.dir00\sysd ata.xml

Errrr. Also, in response to Volume's remarks, I don't want to save files to DVDs, that defeats the purpose of having the 700GB drive. I am not using the 250GB as a backup. that is where I record/save my important music sessions. I am not saving anything to the C: or D: anymore.

PLUS - I Cannot even open my session. I can only load the intial PT screen, but cannont open anything.