View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Carbon - How to renew? Perpetual or subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorbin View Post
Hey all, I'll reply back with more detail once I am back in the office, but lemme TRY to quell some of the confusion...

The parachute, as one of you stated earlier, did not deploy. There is a bug logged and IT is working on it.

For now, ALL of you should have PT Ultimate Perp in your Products Not Downloaded section of your My Avid account.

Once the parachute is patched... you will have the option to renew the parachute Subscription OR let it stay in a Perpetual license state. While it is perpetual, you currently will have the option to renew the subscription at any point in time.

Also, since you all received a Perpetual Ultimate license, you will also have the option to renew the Support contract to continue receiving software updates, plugins and support.

I'll be back in the office tomorrow, so let me know any specific questions you have and I'll try to address them.

Mark

Got my ticket response this morning;

"Current Response:

Entered on: 1/6/2022 4:21 AM Entered by: XXXX

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Avid Support.

Please log in to account.avid.com then go to "Products Not Yet Downloaded" under My Products to get your Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual license.

Regards,
XXXX
Avid Global Customer Care"

Yeah, I know about what was supposed to be the additional Ultimate Perpetual license, but unless I misunderstood the wordsmithing of that offer, the original vanilla subscription was supposed to become a perpetual as well. Hopefully, that response just left out the "For now," from the response above.
Apple MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro 16GB 1TB 2021