View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Unable to install Eleven Rack Editor on Win 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowwhistler View Post
I realize that there are posts about this and I've searched them all and tried all the options, but I still cannot get this iLok License Manager to install, it's so frustrating.
At the end of the day, I can't really understand why Avid insists on this copy protection software for something that is only of use to anyone with the hardware rack itself.
Aside from all the other advice of installing every .NET runtime ever issued and using compatibility mode and installing in safe mode, has anyone found any other solution?
Thanks
It is far from clear what you are trying to say. Presumably you have an Eleven Rack or you would not be bothering to try to install the editor. If you don't have an Eleven Rack hardware what are you hoping to do? And even then the ILM has nothing to do with the Eleven Rack hardware, the ILM is used for with licensing Pro Tools and plugins (some of which may be Eleven Rack derived plugins, but that has no relevance to having actual Eleven Rack hardware).

The ILM is unfortunately needed because the Eleven Rack editor software uses a plugin architecture/components from Pro Tools. But either way you don't have a choice and complaining about it will not help you solve this problem.

So focus on the ILM problem. If you actually want help here the info to provide are things like what exact version of the ILM you are things to install on exact what Windows 10 version and exactly what trouble shooting steps you have tried. And ultimately that ends with doing a clean install of Windows 10 on a spare partition and trying to install the ILM there (before any other software). Was this Windows 10 install a full clean install or an upgrade?