View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 02:39 AM

Default Re: dearVR MONITOR Release - virtual reference control room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
I ask myself how this plug in allows you to hear your music in an ideal reference-quality listening room when it does not correct the frequency spectrum of the used headphone model. So this thing will sound totaly different on different headphones.
Or do I miss something?
Hi Franklyn,

The current market release version of dearVR Monitor is indeed not featuring any headphone compensation. Of course, a proper headphone compensation can be a useful tool while working with headphones.
We built in the focus knob, to control the coloration that is applied by the plugin. This lets you preserve the characteristics of your favorite headphones while still being able to monitor multichannel formats and different listening scenarios.
We cannot provide road map details, but of course, we do consider HPC as an important feature.

A lot of people already own 3d party headphone compensation software that can be placed AFTER dearVR Monitor. In this case, it is important to keep in mind that certain compensation tools change the spectral energy of your mix, due to their internal target curves (which are not matching a flat response).

Best,
Peter