View Single Post
Old 06-08-2003, 09:20 AM

Default Re: PT6 Crashes when changing Midi track Height *&%$#%^!!

I fixed it!!!

I had mistakenly downloaded the DigidesignMIDIIODriver file thinking it was a necessary "generic" component, not knowing that it was for a specific IO that digi-d pimps...

I had also made the mistake of trying out the core audio driver, unaware until reading the .pdf file that it makes the 001 midi ports inactive!

While that is a cool idea, I currently need every midi port I can get so, I had previously bagged the Core Audio deal.

I did two things:
1) moved the DigidesignMIDIIODriver to the Unused Digidesign Software folder (in case I ever need it) and
2) Trashed my Core Audio Installer log.

After a restart and some PT changes to the midi options; default input device etc., I can change the sizes again and it doesn't crash when I add midi tracks to the mix window.

Now, I have learned my lesson. I will read the "readme" files that I used to foolishly ignore.

It did rename my midi devices to the peripherals that I use rather than the actual unit that is connected, i.e. Digi 001 and 2x2 Port A and B rather than XP-30 and POD and VS1680. But perhaps I can figure a way to rename those...

Hey digi: I'm available if you want to make me an offer for WEEKEND duty...

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

G4 867MHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB Firewire HD.