View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Share Your Favorite Transport Setups..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Is there a way to take my personal setup to a different studio?
Yes, you can find your user set here:
Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Euphonix>UserSets>MC2User>MC_USER_SET__Roo t>Pro Tools 10Mac.xml (if you're using PT10)
It must be named "Pro Tools 10Mac.xml" or "Pro Tools 9Mac.xml" for it to work. If you're overwriting an existing user set, make sure to back everything up and rename properly.

Quote:
Is there a way to export/import the setup and then import a page into the other control without wiping the custom settings on the other unit?
I'm not too sure.

Quote:
How can I move my softkey sessings from page 135 to page 1 without manually setting everything up from scratch again?
If you edit that "Pro Tools 10Mac.xml" file, you'll find something like this...
<NormalKeys>
<Control ID="SoftKey1" TYPE="SmartSwitch">
<Label FONT="Arial Bold" FONTSIZE="12.0000" NAME="Declicker" NOTEXT="1" TYPE="Text"/>
<CommandSet SUBTYPE="OneShot">
<Command ID="1" TYPE="Key">\p. \p1 \p* </Command>
</CommandSet>
</Control>

It's a bit of coding work but once you get the hang of it, you're just swapping whatever command is on a certain button and telling it to do what's on the other page.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system