View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack with Big Sur 11.5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcarola View Post
Hi Darryl,
Thank you for your kind remark.
The post was directed to the people of AVID that I hope will work out a driver for the 11R on Monterey. Shouldn't be that hard for them.
And I posted the crash information so they can find why every program in the world work with Monterey but the AVID stuff.
As a long term pro user of Digidesign and then AVID (nomen omen) I feel so bad when such a powerful hardware like 11R is artificially killed. Just for the older 48bit chips inside.
SO I am posting that staff everywhere since the support site is impossible to use.
I get it, but also at this time, most of their programmers were in Ukraine.

Do you need a driver because it is your audio interface? AVID stopped selling the 11R In June 2019, though there may have been some still left on the market.

Are you needing a driver to "edit or control it" from the DAW? I doubt that you are going to get much love from AVID on that.
Just like Artist series controllers no longer being supported either.

The unit still works without a driver. You can still tweak it, its just not as elegant. This is a reason to keep older systems around as well.
Fire up an old laptop, connect it to that and tweak it and send the audio into your main system.

I don't blame AVID for dropping the product though. There are FAR better products that sound better, and do more than the 11R.
It is a fine practice, writing tool but I've not really ever found that the quality was remotely close to the many other products there are, even software.

I mean the Expansion pack came out in what 2011. Its like Line 6 in 2000 now. Well maybe not that bad.

Helix, Neural DSP, Kemper, AXE FX all do more and sound 100 times better. They even have lighter versions as well sans the Kemper.

So if you still want to use the 11R, get that manual out and learn to edit on the unit.
It still works. Just plug the output into your sound card and use it.