View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 12:19 PM

Default Countoff Bug with BFD3? 12.4 Mac.

I'm using 12.4 for recording for the first time today and having a MAJOR issue with Countoff enabled. (I'm using the Avid Click plug-in that comes with 12.4.) Turns out it could be caused by BFD3.

When I hit record on an instrument or audio track, I hear the countoff then I'm getting a MASSIVE jump in volume on the whole session when recording starts. When I exit record the volume jump persists. It's blowing my head off and clipping PT's outputs.

I finally discovered, (after hours of head scratching,) that if I muted and unmuted every VCA track in the session, (everything was routed to a VCA Group,) then the overall volume reset to where it should have been. NO idea why that should be?

I happened to hit record with Quick Punch enabled whilst in play and DIDN'T get the huge volume jump. I hit stop, then record, then play, heard the countoff and got the massive jump in volume. This DOESN'T happen with Countoff disabled so at least there's a workaround.

I should say that most of the 12.4 session contains tracks with session data imported from an 11.3.1 session. So.... I tried my template session created in 12.4 and couldn't reproduce the problem until I made active all the BFD tracks in the session. Boom! Massive volume increase when going into record with Countoff enabled. The 11.3.1 sessions I was working on had BFD3 instantiated.

I'll post on the FXpansion forum.

EDIT: If I remove BFD3 from my 12.4 session, the problem goes away.

Anyone else?

Last edited by Marsdy; 01-26-2016 at 12:42 PM.