Thread: protools 7
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: protools 7

Last Ounce I appologize for taking your thread so far off topic. But, yes when you buy Waves plug-ins you have ALL the formats AU / VST / RTAS.

Ha... Hey BinkBonk, that's the EXACT reason I came to Mac side!!! I started on a PC Penntium III 600Mhz with my 001. At that time -Waves- was only Mac!!!! PC side had hardly any good plug-ins and yep my buds said go Mac!!!!
Seriously, I have read and read all these horror stories about Logic and man I'm not seeing them!!! I installed it on a Tuesday I think. I went and ordered a Logic Pro lessons online that night and made sure I got one that taught about the enviorment window ofLogic. After that everything fell into place.
Don't get me wrong I love P.T.L.E. just wish it had more features of it's big brother HD acell systems and wish Digi would let the software use ALL of the Mac's power!
Logic Pro 7 rocks! I thought I'd miss my McDsp plug-ins, but in all truthfullness.... I don't. In OS9 P.T.L.E. and Macs ruled. But in OSX, it's a different story. It's not a Mac problem ... it's a Digi problem! BinkBonk no latency problems yet ... I use a Presonus Firebox along with my Apogee PSX-100SE and tube mic pre's. I got the Presonus because it was cheaper than buying Apogees' firewire card for my PSX. plus I got midi i/o ... headphone insert ... and enough outputs for 5.1 surround. And I hook my PSX-100SE S/PDIF in and out of the firebox. Plus the Firebox can run just thru the firewire for location recordings and has it's own mixer!! I grabbed the 2.0Ghz dualie because of it's PCI slots (For UAD-1's, down the road!) It's 4 gig ram max doesn't bother me, because by the time Apple brings out the Intel Macs, I'll have made enough $$$$$ to buy one of them. And Node my 2.0Ghz to what ever fast Mac is available. I drew out a four year plan of attack, and it's now in action

I'll definitely keep peaking in here at the D.U.C. I still consider it my home!!!!!