View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Is there a List M1 native AAX compatible Plug Ins for ProTools?

Better say 2021.7 is "running on Big Sur" because not all of it (video engine for example) is not supported.

If someone really NEEDS to have Apple Silicon hardware, it is better than nothing. But for serious work I would still recommend Intel hardware and Catalina. Given that I have first hand experience of the previous transition from PPC to Intel, I would say it takes until 2023 to call it "safe" to move on to Apple Silicon.

As I said, first thing is to get natively running DAW, then the waiting game of plugin updates begin. Once all plugins you need run natively, then it is time to plan for hardware purchase. Also other software outside of PT may or may not make the transition, so better wait one year too much than jump into moving train.

Until that, good luck maintaining your current config and hope it does not break in the wrong moment. In the last transition I bought the last generation watercooled quad G5 PowerMac in 2005, and in hindsight could not be happier about the decision. It carried me through the transition until I bought 2009 Mac Pro at the time when all that I needed was native and what wasn't I just simply left behind.