View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 11:39 AM

Default Re: HDX with Dante Via

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artysan View Post
All of those formats need to have access to 64HDX IO for me to do my shows. Note, I’m not asking for 160 simultaneous IO, but some combination of 64 total, simultaneously assignable to HDX, split among the formats of Dante, MADI, and 32 available analog IO.
Look at my post above. You can do exactly that in 3U from Focusrite, with a couple of 8 channel ADAT preamps, and an 8 channel analog mic preamp, so 6U total, plus power conditioner and patch panels, snakes, etc..

Red 8 Pre, HD32R, D64R. That's 64 channels into Protools HD Native or HDX split among 32 channels of analog I/O, and Dante, with MADI getting fed into the Dante network.

The great thing is that it also allows for redundant recording by using DVS for a secondary Protools system which can be synced by the included Satellite Link Function.

I've done it. it works. It's easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artysan View Post
If you have lots of spare time, you can look for an alternative solution. I’ve put a couple hundred hours into it. Many will drop the $30K on MATRIX and have no alternate DAW choice. That seems extreme to me.
If you don't have the time; I'm willing to fly down to Florida for a week and put a system together for you and configure and test it. I'll charge a lot less than $30k, even including the cost of the hardware. I'm experienced working with both Dante and MADI, Protools HD and can solder and build network cables. I'm also Dante certified and have designed and installed other Dante based systems, including my own mobile recording system.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One

Last edited by JCBigler; 09-16-2021 at 11:50 AM.