Thread: Monitor Section
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Monitor Section

I bet within 12 months you'll see a new Monitor Facilities rack (XMON). I gotta believe from what I've heard that this surface is a total work in progress. They needed to deliver a new product and show a forward momentum in the market and things will be added and changed. Anyone looking seriously at this type of expenditure knows how this works. When we bought SSL and NEVE we knew that with new digital desks updates, upgrades and changes were inevitable. And personally from owning (3) D-Controls and (4) D-Commands there were many changes. The Comm Card coming to mind, which allowed us to use multiple Pro Tools systems with the surface. Original units didn't have those and had to be upgraded.

Also anyone who has experience with EUCON 3.0 will tell you the integration with Pro Tools is quite sloppy. So for now it's a great looking surface, with many bells and whistles that I am looking forward to test driving, but will not be diving into my bank account till quite sometime down the line. My clients are thrilled with our level of integration and D-Control / Command work great.

But this is my opinion and I am sitting back and watching development for now.