View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 05:12 PM

Default Re: AAE 9073 error - sound cutting out and freezing on multitrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Telling us you have done "everything" really does not make clear what you have tried. It would be great if you could list exactly have you done e.g. a list that makes clear things like...
Apologies Darryl but I didn't realise that I had said I've done everything. I simply said I have done all of the optimization steps. Meaning I've been through each one and taken the steps they mention. i.e. the BIOS step, I did it. The Updating all drivers, I did it. I have also done the same with the troubleshooting guides that look like they apply to my situation. Some were about Pro Tools not starting or plugins not loading. I don't have those as problems.

Quote:
you were able to make BIOS related optimization changes.
you uninstalled asio4all. (that stops Pro Tools switching to use that when you don't want it to).
you trashed prefs
Yes, Yes and yes.

Quote:
you removed all .aaxplugin files from the plugin folder (I like to be sure to trash prefs after doing this... you will have no plugins to use, that's OK for now)
Not entirely sure I understand. I installed all plugins to a completely separate folder on my Hitachi drive. They are not inside Pro Tools. Is this what you meant or did I misunderstand?

Quote:
you created a new admin user and retested from that account
you tested starting with a new empty session? (not a template)
you looked for background apps/processes running and
... and so on for everything you tried
I didn't see anywhere it telling me to create a new user admin account from the troubleshooting guides. Happy to try that next.

I did already try a new empty session with just an audio track and no plugins. It did the same error after about the third time.

Background apps are just my video card, my audio interface and iLok as far as I can see.

Quote:
For all these tests sure the Pro Tools playback engine is set correctly to the ASIO driver you installed. Check each time you start Pro Tools. Look at all the playback engine options to make sure you have the right one.
I'm doing this everytime I start Pro Tools already.

I'm completely ignoring plugins for now and just testing a clean track. I've already tried copying a session folder to the SSD drive (after trashing preferences and checking playback engine settings). It still seems to be the same.

I think I might just do a clean install onto a new SSD and keep the system separate to program files etc. I'm running out of motivation and ideas.