View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 06:41 PM

Default Re: error occurred while trying to load the controller personalty c|24

First of all Darryl, this is the first time i ever came on a forum and was really nervous, thank you so much for your comments and help. So my hardware Mac OS X version 10.6.8, Processor 2 x 2.4 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Memory 32 GB 1066 Mhz DDR3
My Pro tools system is Pro Tools|HD2 system PCIe ROHS w/8. You made a good point to remind me that there was one thing i did different. I tried to install V-Control by Neyrinck. i wanted to try working on my own so wanted to use my ipad in my vocal booth as a wireless remote control. but it didn't work and so i trashed it. i didn't notice it in that moment as I got a bit down knowing the V-controller was not going to be a option for me. so i switched off for a break and watched one of the world cup games. After a few hours that's when i noticed I had big problems and Pro tools would not load up. i kept getting the message " AUTHORIZATION ERROR.- Pro Tools 9 cannot run. Required software is missing or not running. Please reinstall the product. or download and run the driver installer here: http://www.paceap.com

And when i clicked OK got a second message, - Error, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 9" Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools. I spent the whole weekend trying to figure out what on earth went wrong. I thought my iLok was broken and almost bought a new one which would have meant sending my key back and wait for weeks to get a new one. until i read a thread by someone who suggested download and install License Support installer v2.5.3 r36923 - I did that and it did the trick. i was so happy to see Pro tools come back, but that's when the error message for the c|24 happened. and i still have it.

Regarding support from Avid, i tried everything to try and buy a one off support ticket but no matter how i tried, it kept sending me in circles. So thank you for your link. And that's my story. Pro tools has been working fine no issues for years and years until what i did above. i am so scared that i might be told to reinstall the whole pro tools again from scratch and I am so worried about all my settings and hundreds of plug-ins that are working fine now, but won't if i have to reinstall. i hope i can avoid that.

Thanks.