View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Tempo mapping - maintain groove - best method?

Thanks for the very detailed reply

This is exactly what I do also too!

I have found what I'm noticing is when I say use identify beats say for beats 1 to beats 3,
the looseness or groove of the guide recording is what I'm losing in between these markers!

The click aligns up with the beats but the inbetween the click is not locked with the track - and this is off putting then when layering new parts and the feel is not really there.
The instruments are fighting each other - rhythm wise

I've used elastic audio - and when the guide track is warped to locations, it feels better, and can be locked to the click, but then I've adjusted the tempo too much and lose the original tempo as the guide tracks were not played to a click.

I've read about some people setting warp markers at the start and end and adjusting in the middle to do this but I've not had much luck with that.

When using the identify beat - I've gone very detailed and used finer increments and tempo mapped each beat, and while its a little better, groove wise, its still varying and fighting with the click on and doesnt sound so good..

There must be a way to use elastic audio to tidy each bit up and maintain this tightness and groove along with the mapping?!