View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
No disrespect is taken and none was intended. It actually was helpful as now you know that A-there is no shortcut. And B-a solution(even though it wasn't what you hoped for). Many of my suggestions may seem obvious or elementary, but many come here with little to no knowledge and I try to offer solutions for all levels of experience

Now here is a solution you may not have considered. You can save Windows configurations and save them on your marker list(but not on the Marker Lane). Doing this allows for keyboard show/hide of anything you like, including the Tracks list by using the numeric keypad. I have my "usual" view saved as "location" 50 and my Tracks and Clips lists open in "location" 51. So, on the numeric keys, I can hit .50. to show my usual view(both lists closed) and hit .51. to show both lists. I also went digging and I concur that there is no other/existing shortcut. That leaves us with the location method, or the mouse click. For those with short keyboards(missing the numeric keypad), I highly recommend adding a USB keypad(they are cheap and those keys come in really handy)
Ok. Thanks for your reply Dave.
That's all very time consuming. .
I have just achieved my goal.
I have assigned F11 to open & close the tracks/groups list & F12 to open & close the track list. .
It was remarkably simple.
Of course I now notice this thread is in the Windows area of Pro Tools software. .
Anyway. .
Have a cool Yule. .
~ 2019 Rack Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 16 core 384 GB RAM Catalina 10.15.7 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12.0 / HDX 2 + UAD2 PCIe OCTO+QUAD / HD I/O's x 4 + 1 x 96io / Digidesign Pre's x 3 / Avid S6 M10-24 -V22.12.1.34 ~
~ Mac Pro 8 core - clover - 13 GB ram - 10.6.8 / HD5 / Pro Tools 9.0.6 / Magma PE6R4 ~ ARCHIVE RIG

~ Mac Pro (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core-32 GB RAM-10.13.6 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 / Apollo 16 / Avid S3 ~